[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT00237705 : Intravenous Metoclopramide for the Treatment of Post Concussive Headache: a Randomized Placebo Controlled Trial|
|Ages||Min: 19 Years Max: N/A|
- Only patients who meet the following inclusion criteria will be recruited:
1. History of blunt head trauma within preceding 24 hours.
2. Immediate and transient post traumatic impairment of neurological functions
defined as alteration of consciousness, amnesia, disorientation, disturbance of
vision or equilibrium (10).
3. Onset of headache within one hour of trauma.
- Patients with any of the following exclusion criteria will not be enrolled:
1. Age less than or equal to 19 years.
2. Known or suspected pregnancy.
3. Known hypersensitivity or intolerance to metoclopramide.
4. Inability to give informed consent.
5. Known gastrointestinal hemorrhage, perforation or obstruction.
6. Known seizure disorder.
7. Known pheochromocytoma.
8. Concurrent significant CNS depression due to drugs or alcohol.
9. Concurrent treatment for psychiatric illness.
10. Any acute brain injury on CT scan (if performed) as defined by any radiographic
finding which would normally require admission to hospital and neurological
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT00237705
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing