[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT00394628 : AQ4N in Combination With Radiotherapy and Temozolomide in Subjects With Newly Diagnosed Glioblastoma Multiforme|
|Phase||Phase 1/Phase 2|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: N/A|
- Histologically proven intracranial Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM) with diagnosis
established by biopsy or resection within 5 weeks prior to enrollment.
- Cranial MRI or contrast CT performed 14 days prior to study entry. Subjects without
measurable or assessable disease are eligible.
- Plan to begin partial brain radiotherapy within 24-72 hours after beginning AQ4N, and
within 35 days (5 weeks) of the surgery, or if surgery cannot be performed, the
biopsy that confirms GBM diagnosis. Radiation therapy must be given by external beam
to a partial brian field in daily fractions of 2.0 Gy, to a planned total dose to the
tumor of 60.0 Gy over 6 weeks.
- Age equal to or greater than 18 years and life expectancy > 10 weeks.
- Karnofsky performance status of > 60.
- Adequate bone marrow, liver and renal functions (tests must be performed within 14
days prior to enrollment).
- Negative serum or urine pregnancy test (females of childbearing potential only).
- Willingness to use effective contraception (both males and females of child-bearing
potential) throughout the study and for at least 2 months after study treatment.
- Able and willing to give informed consent.
- Previous radiotherapy to the brain.
- Previous cytotoxic drug therapy, non-cytotoxic drug therapy, or experimental drug
therapy directed against the brain tumor. Subjects who received Gliadel wafers will
- Subjects previously treated with enzyme-induced antiepileptic drugs (EIAEDs) must
have discontinued treatment with these agent(s) greater than or equal to 2 weeks
prior to enrollment.
- A history of any other primary malignancy that has not been treated with curative
intent and that has not been in complete remission for at least 2 years (exempt from
the two year limit are non-melanoma skin cancer and cervical carcinoma in-situ on
biopsy or a squamous intraepithelial lesion on PAP smear).
- Active infection.
- Any significant medical illnesses or toxicities that in the investigator's opinion
cannot be adequately controlled with appropriate therapy or would compromise the
subjects' ability to tolerate this therapy. Subjects must not have any disease that
will obscure toxicity or dangerously alter drug metabolism, e.g. congestive heart
failure, moderate to severe liver and renal disease, other cancers.
- Cardiac ejection fraction (LVEF) by multiple gated acquisition scan (MUGA) less than
the institutional lower limit of normal.
- Prior investigational therapy within the past 28 days.
- Prior AQ4N therapy.
- Hypersensitivity to AQ4N or to any ingredients contained in the drug formulation.
- Hypersensitivity to temozolomide or to any ingredients contained in the drug
formulation and dacarbazine (DTIC).
- Pregnant or lactating women.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT00394628
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing