[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT00593242 : Cord Blood for Neonatal Hypoxic-ischemic Encephalopathy|
|Ages||Min: N/A Max: 14 Days|
- Mothers must have consented for cord blood collection at delivery
- cord blood must be available for extraction of stem cells.
- >34 weeks gestation
- cord or neonatal pH<7.0 or base deficit>16 milliequivalents per liter (mEq/L) or
history of acute perinatal event
- either a 10 minute Apgar < 5 or continued need for ventilation.
- All infants must have signs of encephalopathy within 6 hours of age.
- Inability to enroll by 14 days of age.
- Presence of known chromosomal anomaly.
- Presence of major congenital anomalies.
- Severe intrauterine growth restriction (weight <1800g)
- Infants in extremis for whom no additional intensive therapy will be offered by
- Parents refuse consent.
- Attending neonatologist refuses consent.
- Failure to collect the infant's cord blood and/or laboratory unable to process cord
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT00593242
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing