[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT00734682 : A Phase I Trial of Nanoliposomal CPT-11 (NL CPT-11) in Patients With Recurrent High-Grade Gliomas|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: N/A|
- Patients with histologically proven intracranial malignant glioma are eligible .
-All patients must sign an informed consent
- Patients must be > 18 years old, and with a life expectancy > 8 weeks.
- Patients must have a Karnofsky performance status of > 60.
- Patients must have recovered from the toxic effects of prior therapy
- Patients must have adequate bone marrow function (WBC > 3,000/µl, ANC > 1,500/mm3,
platelet count of > 100,000/mm3, and hemoglobin > 10 gm/dl), adequate liver function
(SGOT and bilirubin < 2 times ULN), and adequate renal function (creatinine < 1.5
mg/dL and/or creatinine clearance > 60 cc/min) Patients must have shown
radiographic evidence for tumor progression by MRI or CT scan. A scan should be
performed within 14 days prior to registration and on a steroid dose that has been
stable for at least 5 days. -Patients having undergone recent resection of recurrent
or progressive tumor will be eligible as long as all of the following conditions
- They have recovered from the effects of surgery.
- Residual disease following resection of recurrent malignant glioma is not
mandated for eligibility into the study.
- Patients must have failed prior radiation therapy
- Patients with prior therapy that included interstitial brachytherapy or stereotactic
radiosurgery must have confirmation of true progressive disease
- Women of childbearing potential must have a negative ß-HCG pregnancy test documented
within 14 days prior to registration.
- Patients may have had treatment for any number of prior relapses.
- Patients must not have any significant medical illnesses that in the investigator
opinion cannot be adequately controlled
- Patients with a history of any other cancer (except non-melanoma skin cancer or
carcinoma in-situ of the cervix), unless in complete remission and off of all therapy
for that disease for a minimum of 3 years are ineligible.
- Patients must not have active infection or serious intercurrent medical illness.
- Patients must not be pregnant/breast feeding and must agree to practice adequate
- Patients must not have any disease that will obscure toxicity or dangerously alter
- Patients must not have received prior therapy with irinotecan.
- Patients with 7/7 (homozygous) UGT1A1*28 genotyping will be excluded from the study.
- Patients receiving enzyme-inducing anticonvulsants or other enzyme inducing drugs are
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT00734682
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing