[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT00837928 : Bendamustine and Radiation Therapy in Treating Patients With Brain Metastases Caused by Solid Tumors|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: N/A|
- Histologically confirmed cancer with 1 to 4 brain metastases imaged by MRI/CT scans
not involving thalamus, basal ganglia or brain stem.
- No cancer originating in central nervous system
- Candidate for clinically indicated surgery to resect brain lesions.
- Karnofsky score of at least 60
- At least 18 years of age
- Life expectancy of more than two months
- Evidence of leptomeningeal metastases.
- Need immediate treatment to prevent neurological deterioration.
- Prior brain radiotherapy or surgery for current brain metastases.
- Radiosensitive primary tumors such as small cell lung cancer, germ cell tumors,
lymphoma, leukemia or multiple myeloma.
- Absolute neutrophil count (ANC)<1500/mm3 or platelets <50,000/mms.
- Brain metastasis diameter greater than 5 cm.
- Not pregnant or nursing
- More than 3 weeks since prior chemotherapy.
- No evidence of ischemia on EKG and/or reduced cardiac ejection fraction (i.e., < 50%)
- No known sensitivity or allergy to bendamustine hydrochloride or mannitol
- No more than 3 prior cytotoxic chemotherapy regimens
- No unresolved persistent toxicities for 4 weeks from prior chemotherapy or 6 weeks
- Calculated creatinine clearance <40 ml/min.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT00837928
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing