[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT00897286 : Study of Stored Tumor Samples in Young Patients With Brain Tumors|
|Ages||Min: N/A Max: 21 Years|
- ATRT, CPC, medulloblastoma/PNET, ependymoma or glioma of the CNS as documented by the
local neuropathologist. Tumor may be primary, progressive or recurrent CNS tumor
including brain and/or spine. For fresh tissue, in some cases we must process the
tissue before a final diagnosis is available. If a xenograft is established from a
brain tumor that is later diagnosed to be a different histological subtype, we will
store frozen viable cells for potential future use. Although rare, patients with ATRT
may present with a primary renal and CNS tumor. In these instances samples will be
collected from both the kidney and CNS tumor for analysis if available.
- Tumor may be collected at surgery prior to histologic confirmation
- Age not more than 21 years at the time of initial diagnosis.
- Enrollment in the current version of the institution's banking protocol
- Biological parent(s) of participant (child) whose tumor is studied on this protocol.
These parents will be assigned to cohort P. The exclusion criteria below do not apply
to this cohort.
- Diagnosis of tumor outside the central nervous system.
- Age greater than 21 years at the time of diagnosis
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT00897286
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing