[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT01037790 : PHASE II TRIAL OF THE CYCLIN-DEPEDENT KINASE INHIBITOR PD 0332991 IN PATIENTS WITH CANCER|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: N/A|
- Disease Characteristics:
All Subjects: All subjects treated under this protocol will have histologically documented
cancer of one of the following types:
A. Metastatic breast cancer (7 triple negative, 23 ER+ after the first 15 patients are
enrolled on the non-CCND1cohort; in addition 10 HER2+ for combination trastuzumab and
PD0332991 therapy) up to 55 total enrollment slots B. Metastatic colorectal cancer that
harbors the Kras or BRAF mutation (15-30 enrollment slots) C. Advanced or metastatic
esophageal and/or gastric cancer (15-30 enrollment slots) D. Cisplatin-refractory,
unresectable germ cell tumors (15-30 enrollment slots) E. Any tumor type if tissue tests
positive for CCND1 amplification, CDK4/6 mutation, CCND2 amplification OR any other
functional alteration at the G1/S checkpoint. (15-30 enrollment slots)
- Biopsy Requirements: For Subjects with accessible disease amenable to biopsy: A biopsy
will be obtained pre-treatment and in during cycle 1 (while patient is receiving drug) for
molecular markers of the cell cycle, and its inhibition.
- Subjects will be > 18 years old
- The subject has disease that is assessable by tumor marker, physical, or radiologic
- The subject has an Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status of 0
- The subject has adequate organ function, defined as follows A. Bilirubin ? 1.5 x the
upper limit of normal (ULN) B. Serum creatinine ? 1.5 x UNL or calculated creatinine
clearance ? 60 mL/min, and C. For subjects without liver metastases: alanine
aminotransferase (ALT) and aspartate aminotransferase (AST) ? 2.5 x ULN D. For
subjects with liver metastases: alanine aminotransferase (ALT) and aspartate
aminotransferase ? 5 x ULN
- All tumors must test positive for Rb expression except:
A. ER positive metastatic breast tumors (data now shows all to be Rb positive.) B. Any
tumor type if tissue tests positive for CCND1 amplification, CDK4/6 mutation, CCND2
amplification OR any other functional alteration at the G1/S checkpoint.
- The subject has adequate marrow function, defined as follows: A. Absolute neutrophil
count (ANC) >1500/mm3 B. Platelets >100,000/mm3, and C. Hemoglobin > 9 g/dL
- The subject is capable of understanding and complying with the protocol requirements
and has signed the informed consent document.
- Sexually active subjects (male and female) must use accepted methods of contraception
during the course of the study and for 3 months after the last dose of protocol
- Female subjects of childbearing potential must have a negative pregnancy test at
screening. Females of childbearing potential are defined as sexually mature women
without prior hysterectomy or who have had any evidence of menses in the past 12
- However, women who have been amenorrheic for 12 or more months are still considered
to be of childbearing potential if the amenorrhea is possibly due to prior
chemotherapy, antiestrogens, or ovarian suppression.
- The subject has received cytotoxic chemotherapy (including investigational cytotoxic
chemotherapy) within 3 weeks (or nitrosoureas or mitomycin C within 6 weeks) before
the first dose of PD 0332991. . Patients with HER2-overexpressing tumors may receive
trastuzumab up to the date of starting therapy, and may continue to receive
trastuzumab while receiving PD0332991.
- The subject has received any other type of investigational agent within 28 days
before the first dose of study treatment.
- The subject has not recovered from clinically-meaningful toxicity due to prior
therapy (i.e., back to baseline or Grade ? 1), with the exception of neurotoxicity
- The subject has untreated or uncontrolled brain metastases or evidence of
leptomeningeal involvement of disease unless the subject has a teratoma in which case
s/he may be eligible if all other eligibility criteria are met
- The subject has uncontrolled intercurrent illness including, but not limited to:
1. ongoing or active infection
2. diabetes mellitus
4. symptomatic congestive heart failure, unstable angina pectoris, stroke or
myocardial infarction within 3 months
- The subject has a baseline corrected QT interval (QTc) > 470 ms.
- The subject is pregnant or breastfeeding.
- The subject is known to be positive for the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). Note:
baseline HIV screening is not required
- The subject is unable or unwilling to abide by the study protocol or cooperate fully
with the investigator or designee.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT01037790
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing