[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT01246869 : Assessment of Primary and Metastatic Brain Tumor Hypoxia With Fluoromisonidazole, FDG and Water|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: N/A|
1. Adult patients. The patient must have a newly diagnosed primary malignant brain tumors
(WHO Grade III or IV glial-based tumors) and not have had a complete surgical
resection and by contrast MRI (obtained within 14 days prior to the FMISO study)
2. Patients must be 18 years or older for inclusion in this research study.
3. Patients must document their willingness to be followed until death or time of
4. All patients must sign a written informed consent and HIPAA authorization in
accordance with institutional guidelines.
5. Female patients who are not postmenopausal or surgically sterile will undergo a serum
pregnancy test prior to the research PET scans.
6. Pre-treatment laboratory tests for patients receiving [18F]FMISO must be performed
within 21 days prior to study entry.
1. Patients with known allergic or hypersensitivity reactions to previously administered
2. Patients who are pregnant or lactating or who suspect they might be pregnant.
3. Adult patients who require monitored anesthesia for PET scanning.
4. Patients who are too claustrophobic to undergo MRI or PET imaging
5. Patients who cannot undergo MRI imaging due to MRI exclusion criteria
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT01246869
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing