[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT01273129 : Surgery as a Treatment for Medically Intractable Epilepsy|
|Ages||Min: 8 Years Max: N/A|
- INCLUSION CRITERIA:
To be eligible for entry into the study, candidates must meet all the following criteria:
1. Be 8 years of age or older.
2. Have simple or complex partial seizures.
3. Seizures must persist despite medical therapy (medically intractable epilepsy).
4. Able to give informed consent, or have a parent able to provide informed consent if a
5. Agree to undergo brain surgery if indicated to treat medically intractable epilepsy.
Candidates will be excluded if they:
1. Are pregnant (women of childbearing age will be tested with a urine pregnancy test
and will have agreed to avoid being pregnant by practicing a reliable form of
contraception or by abstinence from sexual intercourse while undergoing evaluation
for epilepsy surgery and for 1 month after epilepsy surgery).
2. Cannot have an MRI scan.
3. Have a bleeding disorder that cannot be corrected before invasive testing or surgery,
or other medical conditions which would make testing or surgery unsafe, such as lung
or cardiac disease which would increase the risk of general anesthesia or severe
immunodeficiency or systemic cancer not related to a brain lesion.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT01273129
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing