[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT01347307 : Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy for Spine Tumors|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: N/A|
- Patient age >= 18 years
- Zubrod performance status of 0-3
- Vertebral and/or paraspinal metastases, with or without prior surgery and/or
- Benign extradural spine tumors such as chordomas, meningiomas, schwannomas,
neurofibromas, paragangliomas, and arteriovenous malformations (AVMs).
- Established histologic diagnosis of a benign or malignant tumor of the spine.
- Arteriovenous malformation of the spine identified radiographically (no biopsy)
- Well-defined lesion involving no more than 2 adjacent vertebral levels or spinal
- Minimal spinal canal compromise that is not rapidly progressive. Ideally, the tumor
should not be within 5 mm of the spinal cord.
- If chemotherapy is planned, ideally it should not have been given within 30 days of
starting radiation and should not resume until at least 2 weeks after completing
radiation. In addition, it is not recommended to perform SBRT when targeted
anti-angiogenesis therapy is planned within 2 months of the procedure.
- Signed study-specific consent form
- Lesion involving > 3 adjacent vertebral levels
- Overt spinal instability
- Neurologic deficit due to bony fragments/bony compression of neural structures
- Prior radiotherapy at the involved level(s) within 3 months of radiosurgery, more
than one prior course of radiotherapy at the involved level(s), or more than 45 Gy
previous radiation exposure at the involved level(s)
- Rapidly progressive spinal cord compromise or neurological deficit
- Paralysis, or otherwise compromised motor function due to radiographically confirmed
- Patient unable to undergo an MRI
- Pregnant or lactating women, due to potential exposure of the fetus to RT and unknown
effects of RT on lactating females
- Patients with psychiatric or addictive disorder that would preclude obtaining
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT01347307
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing