[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT01351519 : A Study of Aminolevulinic Acid Used to Enhance Visualization and Surgical Removal of Brain Tumors|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: N/A|
- Clinically documented primary brain tumor for which surgical resection is indicated.
- Age 18 years and older.
- ECOG Performance status less than or equal to 2.
- Laboratory values as follows:
Leukocytes greater than or equal to 3,000. ANC greater than or equal to 1,500. Platelets
greater than or equal to 100,000. Total Bilirubin WNL. AST/ALT less than or equal to 2.5
times ULN. Creatinine WNL. or Creatinine Clearance greater than or equal to
60ml/min/1.73m2 if SCr above institutional normal.
-Ability to provide informed consent or consent from a Legally Authorized Representative.
- Receipt of an investigational agent within 30 days.
- Allergy to ALA or similar compounds.
- Personal or family history of porphyria.
- Uncontrolled intercurrent illness.
- Inability to comply with the protocol.
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT01351519
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing