[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT01402063 : PPX and Concurrent Radiation for Newly Diagnosed Glioblastoma Without MGMT Methylation|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: N/A|
- Histologically proven diagnosis of glioblastoma or gliosarcoma (WHO grade IV)
- GBM must have unmethylated MGMT as determined by central laboratory
- Diagnosis of GBM must be made by biopsy or surgical excision, either partial or
complete; as long as there is sufficient tissue to determine MGMT status
- No prior chemotherapy or radiation for brain tumor
- Must be able to tolerate brain MRIs.
*A diagnostic contrast-enhanced MRI must be performed postoperatively within 42 days
prior to study registration.
- KPS >60.
- Age > 18
- Life expectancy of at least 3 months.
- Absolute neutrophil count > 1500/mm3, Platelets > 100,000/mm,
- Creatinine < 2 x ULN
- ALT or AST < 3 x upper limit of normal (ULN) and total bilirubin < 1.5x ULN.
- Patients with a prior history of low grade glioma who did not receive prior radiation
or chemotherapy with transformation to grade IV brain tumor are eligible.
- Women must be non-lactating, and surgically sterile, post-menopausal or have a
negative serum pregnancy test and agree to use adequate birth control. Males must
agree to use adequate birth control.
- Voluntary, signed informed consent.
- Acute infection or other medical condition that would impair study treatment
- No other active invasive malignancy unless disease free for at least 3 years.
- Prior temozolomide or PPX.
- Prior use of Gliadel wafers or any other intratumoral or intracavitary treatment are
- Prior radiotherapy to the head or neck (except for T1 glottic cancer), resulting in
overlap of radiation fields.
- No diffuse leptomeningeal disease, or gliomatosis cerebri.
- Use of any other experimental chemotherapy drug within the 60 days prior to
randomization and during the trial. (Use of a non-chemotherapy investigational agent
must be approved by the Brown University Oncology Group)
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT01402063
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing