[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT01466686 : Low Dose Radiation Therapy for Glioblastoma Multiforme|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: 100 Years|
- Patients must have recurrent GBM (Glioblastoma Multiforme)or Anaplastic Astrocytoma.
- The diagnosis of GBM or Anaplastic Astrocytoma.
- Patients must have been previously treated with surgical resection (any extent okay)
and adjuvant radiation therapy plus temozolomide.
- Patients must be at least 12 months from completion of radiation therapy
- At least 2 months from completion of temozolomide (to be consistent with the the
"rechallenge" group from Perry et al. JCO 2010).
- Age >18 years
- ECOG performance status <2 (Karnofsky >60%, see appendix A).
- There must be measurable disease on MRI.
- Patients must have normal organ and marrow function as defined below:
- Women must not be pregnant
- Ability to understand and the willingness to sign a written informed consent document
- Temozolomide re-treatment is planned by the treating neuro-oncologist.
- The most recent brain tumor pathology obtained for the patient must be glioblastoma.
- Must be able to receive an MRI
- Patients may not be receiving any other investigational cancer treatment agents at the
time of enrollment.
- Patients may not have previously failed treatment with salvage temozolomide.
- Patients may not have previously failed treatment with a VEGF inhibitor.
- Patients may not have previously been treated with >1 course of radiotherapy.
- Patients may not have previously been treated with radiosurgery to the brain.
- Uncontrolled intercurrent illness
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women are excluded. Women of child-bearing potential who
are unwilling or unable to use and acceptable method of birth control to avoid
pregnancy for the entire study period and up to 12 weeks after the study are excluded.
Male subjects must also agree to use effective contraception for the same period as
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT01466686
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing