[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT01486459 : A Feasibility Trial Using Lithium As A Neuroprotective Agent In Patients Undergoing Prophylactic Cranial Irradiation For Small Cell Lung Cancer|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: N/A|
- Histologically or cytologically confirmed high grade small cell neuroendocrine
- Patients can either have:
- Limited stage disease with CR or PR OR
- Extensive stage disease with CR or good PR
- Patients must have discontinued other chemotherapies at least 3 weeks prior to
- Prior radiation therapy to the chest is allowed but must be completed at least 3
weeks prior to randomisation.
- ECOG Performance Status 0 to 2.
- Adequate bone marrow, liver, and renal function as assessed by the following:
- Hemoglobin ? 9.0 g/dl
- Absolute neutrophil count (ANC) ? 1,500/mm3
- Platelet count ? 100,000/mm3
- Total bilirubin ? 2.0 times the upper limit of normal
- Alanine aminotransferase (ALT) and aspartate aminotransferase (AST) ? 2.5 x
upper limit of normal (? 5x ULN for patients with liver involvement)
- International Normalized Ratio for Prothrombin Time (PT-INR) ? 1.5 and activated
partial prothrombin time (aPTT) within 5% of normal limits for patient NOT on
- Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate (eGRF) > 50 ml/min .
- Male or female aged >18 years
- Patients must be able and willing to sign a written informed consent. A signed
informed consent must be appropriately obtained prior to any study specific
- Patients must be able to swallow and retain oral medication.
- Women of childbearing potential must have a negative serum pregnancy test performed
within 7 days prior to randomisation and must agree to use adequate contraception
prior to randomisation and for the duration of study participation.
- Life expectancy less than 3 months.
- Substance abuse, medical, psychological, or social condition that may interfere with
the patient's participation in the study or evaluation of the study results.
- Severe cardiac or renal disease.
- Frank hypothyroidism.
- Known or suspected allergy to lithium.
- Women who are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Inability to comply with protocol and /or not willing or not available for follow-up
- Significant psychiatric or neurologic illness (prior known psych/cognitive/CNS
pathology eg CVA; known or prior brain metastases
- Current lithium therapy.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT01486459
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing