[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT01568359 : Calcium Homeostasis in Acromegaly: Effect of Surgical/Medical Treatment and Comparison With Nonfunctioning Pituitary Tumors|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: N/A|
- Patients diagnosed with acromegaly or a nonfunctioning pituitary who will receive
treatment for the pituitary condition.
- Study subjects must agree to participate in this study and provide written consent.
- Site- Emory Clinic/Emory University hospital.
- Stage of Disease: Patients with active acromegaly that is either newly diagnosed or
uncontrolled on current therapy (as shown by GH/IGF-1 levels). Patients with
nonfunctioning pituitary adenoma in whom surgical intervention planned based on
current guidelines will serve as a control group.
- Age: Study subjects must be over 18 years of age.
- Age < 18 years old
- Prior other diseases: Patients chronic renal disease stage 3 or worse (estimated GFR
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT01568359
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing