[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT01690819 : Protective Ventilatory Strategy in Severe Acute Brain Injury|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: N/A|
- Patients with severe acute brain injury (traumatic brain injury, subarachnoid
haemorrhage, intra-cerebral haemorrhage, and ischemic stroke)
- Patients with not obey commands and do not open eyes on GCS (Glasgow Coma Scale)
- Less than 24 hours of mechanical ventilation (expected >72 hours)
- Age < 18 years
- Diagnosis of ARDS before randomization.
- Patients unlikely to survive for the next 24 hours in the opinion of ICU consultant.
- Post-anoxic coma
- Metabolic or toxic encephalopathy
- Lack of Informed Consent.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT01690819
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing