[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT01730495 : Tumor Necrosis Factor-alpha Inhibition Using Etanercept in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: 66 Years|
- chronic fatigue syndrome/ myalgic encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME)
- moderate and serious CFS/ME severity
- age 18-66 years
- informed consent
- patients with fatigue, not fulfilling criteria for CFS
- pregnancy or lactation
- previous malignant disease, except basal cell carcinoma of skin and cervical
carcinoma in situ
- previous long-term systemic treatment with immunosuppressive drugs such as
cyclosporine, azathioprin, mycophenolatemofetil, except steroids e.g. in obstructive
- demyelinating disease, such as multiple sclerosis.
- heart failure.
- endogenous depression.
- lack of ability to comply to the protocol.
- multi-allergy with risk of serious drug reaction
- reduced renal function (creatinine > 1.5 x UNL)
- reduced liver function (bilirubin or transaminases > 1.5 x UNL)
- HIV positivity. Evidence of clinically significant infection. Previous viral
hepatitis with risk of reactivation. High risk of opportunistic infections. Latent
tuberculosis must be treated before inclusion.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT01730495
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing