[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT01773837 : Clinical Trial to Evaluate Short-term Efficacy of Palliative Methylphenidate in Asthenia in Advanced Cancer Patients|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: N/A|
- Advanced cancer; including metastatic, locally advanced or relapsed not amenable for
- Mini.mental status examination results within normal limits.
- Informed consent.
- Estimated life expectancy of at least one month.
- Hemoglobin >= 9 g/dl.
- Asthenia >= 5 (0-10; numeric verbal scale).
- History of psychosis.
- Structured suicidal ideation.
- Severe anxiety.
- Severe renal, hepatic or cardiac (arrythmia, hypertension, ischemic heart disease)
- Simultaneous treatment with drugs that may interact with methylphenidate as:
coumarinics, anticonvulsivants (phenobarbital, phenitoin, primidone), phenylbutazone,
inhibitors of mono-amine-oxidase, guanethidine.
- History of glaucoma.
- History of hypersensibility to methylphenidate.
- Clinical suspicion of: infection, hypercalcemia, hypothyroidism or renal failure.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT01773837
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing