[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT01870726 : Safety and Efficacy of INC280 and Buparlisib (BKM120) in Patients With Recurrent Gliobastoma|
|Phase||Phase 1/Phase 2|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: N/A|
- ? 18 years of age.
- Histologically confirmed diagnosis of glioblastoma (after initial tumor resection or
biopsy) with radiographic evidence of recurrent tumor per RANO criteria.
- Phase Ib: Documented evidence of PTEN mutations, homozygous deletion of PTEN or PTEN
negative (H Score <10) by IHC confirmed by local or central assessment.
- Phase II: Documented evidence of c-Met amplification (GCN>5) (fusion transcripts or
mutant c-Met may be eligible after discussion with Novartis) or PTEN mutations,
homozygous deletion of PTEN or PTEN negative (H Score <10) by central assessment.
- Must have received the following treatment for glioblastoma:
•Prior treatment with radiotherapy and temozolomide; Note: A maximum of two prior
chemotherapy/antibody regimens (including bevacizumab or other direct VEFG/VEGFR
inhibitors) for recurrent disease are permitted.
- Representative archival tumor sample from glioblastoma (formalin-fixed paraffine
embedded tissue) must be available.
- ECOG performance status ? 2.
- Able to swallow and retain oral medication.
- Patients in the surgical arm only: patients with recurrent glioblastoma must be
eligible for surgical resection as deemed by the site Investigator.
- Prior or current treatment with a c-MET inhibitor or HGF-targeting therapy
- Prior treatment with a PI3K and/or mTOR inhibitors for glioblastoma or for
pre-existing neoplasm transformed to glioblastoma (applicable for combination
treatment arm only)
- Received radiation (including therapeutic radioisotopes such as strontium 89) therapy
? 3 months prior to the first dose of study treatment and have not recovered from
side effects of such therapy (? Grade 1) prior to the first dose of study treatment,
except for alopecia.
- Receiving treatment with medications that are known strong inhibitors or inducers of
CYP3A, and cannot be discontinued 7 days prior to the start of the treatment and
during the course of the study.
- Receiving treatment with medications that are known CYP3A, CYP1A2, CYP2C8, CYP2C9 or
CYP2C19 substrates with narrow therapeutic index, and cannot be discontinued during
the course of the study.
- Receiving treatment with long acting proton pump inhibitors, and cannot be
discontinued 3 days prior to the start of INC280 treatment and during the course of
- Currently receiving warfarin or other coumadin-derived anticoagulants for treatment,
prophylaxis or otherwise.
- Currently receiving increasing or chronic treatment ( > 5 days) with corticosteroids
(e.g. dexamethasone > 4 mg/day or other corticosteroids equivalent dose) or another
- History of acute or chronic pancreatitis or any risk factors that may increase the
risk of pancreatitis.
- Active cardiac disease or a history of cardiac dysfunction.
- Impairment of gastrointestinal (GI) function or GI disease that might significantly
alter the absorption of study drug
- Medically documented history of or active major depressive episode, bipolar disorder
(I or II), obsessive-compulsive disorder, schizophrenia, a history of suicidal
attempt or ideation, or homicidal ideation (e.g. risk of doing harm to self or
others), or patients with active severe personality disorders (defined according to
- Anxiety ? CTCAE grade 3
- Any of the following baseline laboratory values:
- Hemoglobin < 9 g/dL
- Platelet count < 75 x 109/L
- Absolute neutrophil count (ANC) < 1.0 x 109/L
- INR > 1.5
- Serum lipase > normal limits for the institution
- Asymptomatic serum amylase > grade 2
- Potassium, magnesium, and calcium (corrected for albumin) > normal limits for
- Total bilirubin > 1.5 x ULN
- Serum creatinine >1.5 x ULN or creatinine clearance ? 45 mL/min
- Alanine aminotransferase (AST) or aspartate aminotransferase (ALT) > 3.0 x ULN
(or < 5.0 x ULN if liver metastases are present)
- Fasting plasma glucose > 120mg/dL or > 6.7 mmol/L
- HbA1c > 8%.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT01870726
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing