[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT01924351 : HER2-positive Breast Cancer With Brain Metastasis (GCC 1345)|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: N/A|
- Histologically proven diagnosis HER2-positive breast cancer. Her2-positive is defined
* Validated IHC assay score of 3+ (defined as uniform, intense staining of >30% of
invasive tumor cells)
- OR- Average HER2 gene copy number of >6
- OR- Gene amplified (HER2:D17Z1 ratio >2.20).
- Patients with 1-10 newly diagnosed brain metastases
- The contrast-enhancing intraparenchymal brain tumor must be well circumscribed and
must have a maximum diameter of ? 4.0 cm in any direction on the enhanced scan. If
multiple lesions are present and one lesion is at the maximum diameter, the other(s)
must not exceed 3.0 cm in maximum diameter.
- History and physical with neurological examination, steroid documentation, height,
and weight within 14 days of registration.
- A diagnostic contrast-enhanced MRI of the brain must be performed within 28 days
prior to registration.
- Eligibility for treatment with SRS confirmed by a radiation oncologist.
- Performance Status 0-2
- Age ? 18.
- CBC with differential obtained within 14 days prior to registration, with adequate
bone marrow function defined as follows:
- Absolute neutrophil count (ANC) ? 1,100 cells/mm3.
- Platelets ? 75,000 cells/mm3.
- Hemoglobin ? 9.0 g/dl (Note: The use of transfusion or other intervention to achieve
Hgb ?9.0 g/dl is acceptable).
- Adequate renal function within 14 days prior to registration, as defined below:
- BUN ? 30 mg/dl.
- Creatinine ? 1.5 x ULN
- Creatinine clearance ?30 mL/min.
Adequate hepatic function within 14 days prior to registration, as defined below:
- Total Bilirubin ?1.5 x ULN
- ALT/AST ? 2.5 x upper limit of normal (ULN).
- Systolic blood pressure ? 160 mg Hg or diastolic pressure ? 90 mg Hg within 14 days
prior to registration.
- Prothrombin time/international normalized ratio (PT INR) < 1.4 for patients not on
warfarin confirmed by testing within 14 days prior to registration. Patients on
full-dose anticoagulants (e.g., warfarin or LMW heparin) must meet both of the
- No active bleeding or pathological condition that carries a high risk of bleeding
(e.g., tumor involving major vessels or known varices).
- In-range INR (between 2.5 and 3.5) on a stable dose of warfarin-based oral
anticoagulant; or on a stable dose of low molecular weight heparin; or INR between
1.5 and 2 if a Greenfield filter is in place.
- Patient must provide study specific informed consent prior to study entry.
- For women of child-bearing potential, negative serum pregnancy test within 14 days
prior to registration.
- Women of childbearing potential and male participants must practice adequate
- Echocardiogram or MUGA scan with ejection fraction within normal institution limits
within 28 days of registration
- Prior invasive malignancy (except for non-melanomatous skin cancer) unless disease
free for ? 3 years. For example, carcinoma in situ of the oral cavity and cervix are
- Leptomeningeal metastases
- Previous treatment with all of the following: lapatinib, trastuzumab, pertuzumab, and
trastuzumab emtansine. (Patients are eligible if treated with 3 or less of these
- Prior cranial radiotherapy.
- Prior resection of cerebral metastases
- Allergy to gadolinium
Severe, active co-morbidity, defined as follows:
- Unstable angina and/or congestive heart failure within the last 6 months.
- Transmural myocardial infarction within the last 6 months.
- New York Heart Association grade II or greater congestive heart failure requiring
hospitalization within 12 months prior to registration.
- History of stroke, cerebral vascular accident (CVA) or transient ischemic attack
within 6 months.
- Serious and inadequately controlled cardiac arrhythmia.
- Significant vascular disease (e.g., aortic aneurysm, history of aortic dissection) or
clinically significant peripheral vascular disease.
- Evidence of bleeding diathesis or coagulopathy.
- Serious or non-healing wound, ulcer, or bone fracture or history of abdominal
fistula, gastrointestinal perforation or intra-abdominal abscess, major surgical
procedure or significant traumatic injury within 28 days prior to registration, with
the exception of the craniotomy for tumor resection or follow-on craniotomies to
manage complications of brain tumor management such as hemorrhage or infection.
- Bacterial or fungal infection requiring intravenous antibiotics at the time of
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease exacerbation or other respiratory illness
requiring hospitalization or precluding study therapy at the time of registration.
- Hepatic insufficiency resulting in clinical jaundice and/or coagulation defects;
note, however, that laboratory tests for coagulation parameters are not required for
entry into this protocol.
- Active connective tissue disorders, such as lupus or scleroderma, that in the opinion
of the treating physician may put the patient at high risk for radiation toxicity.
- Any other major medical illnesses or psychiatric impairments that in the
investigator's opinion will prevent administration or completion of protocol therapy.
- Cognitive impairment that precludes a patient from acting as his or her own agent to
provide informed consent.
- Women of childbearing potential who are sexually active and not willing/able to use
medically acceptable forms of contraception; this exclusion is necessary because the
chemotherapeutic treatment involved in this study is potentially teratogenic.
- Pregnant or lactating women, due to possible adverse effects on the developing fetus
or infant due to study treatment.
- Patients treated on any other therapeutic clinical protocols within 30 days prior to
study entry or during participation in the study.
- Inability to undergo MRI (e.g., due to safety reasons, such as presence of a
- Inability to undergo SRS due to claustrophobia
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT01924351
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing