[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT01950195 : SRS (Stereotactic Radiosurgery) Plus Ipilimumab|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: N/A|
1. Patients must have histologically confirmed diagnosis of melanoma. The pathologic
confirmation may be from another metastatic site or from metastatic brain or spine
2. Patients must have Stage IV melanoma, with newly identified brain or spine
3. Patients must have measurable lesion in the brain or spine that is > 3 mm seen on
magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) with contrast.
NOTE: Contrasted pre-treatment MRI scan must be obtained ? 21 days prior to
stereotactic radiosurgery treatment.
4. Karnofsky Performance Scale >70%
5. Patients must have normal organ and marrow function as defined below:
leukocytes >3,000/mcL absolute neutrophil count >1,500/mcL platelets >100,000/mcL
total bilirubin ?2X institutional upper limit of normal AST(SGOT)/ALT(SGPT) <2.5 X
institutional upper limit of normal creatinine within normal institutional limits OR
According to Johns Hopkins MRI policy
6. Women of child bearing potential (WOCBP) using a reliable form of contraception
during the study treatment period and for up to 12 weeks following the last dose of
study drug .
7. Men must agree to the use of male contraception during the study treatment period and
for at least 12 weeks after the last dose of study drug.
8. Ability to understand and the willingness to sign written informed consent
1. Prior whole brain radiation or conventional radiation to the spine at the site of new
2. Prior chemotherapy within 28 days of starting treatment.
3. Prior therapy with investigational drugs within 28 days or at least 5 half-lives
(whichever is longer) before study administration.
4. Prior therapy with an anti-PD-1, anti-PD-L1, anti-PDL-2, or anti-CTLA-4 antibody.
5. Neurologic dysfunction that would confound the evaluation of neurologic and other
6. Known allergy to compounds of similar chemical or biologic composition to ipilimumab.
7. Pregnant or breastfeeding women.
8. Known history of Human Immunodeficiency Virus.
9. Active infection requiring therapy, positive tests for Hepatitis B surface antigen or
Hepatitis C ribonucleic acid (RNA) .
10. Active autoimmune disease, history of autoimmune disease or history of syndrome that
required systemic steroids or immunosuppressive medications. Exceptions include those
with vitiligo or resolved childhood asthma/atopy. Subjects with asthma who require
intermittent use of bronchodilators (such as albuterol) will not be excluded from
this study .
11. Use of any vaccines against infectious diseases (e.g. varicella, influenza, etc.) up
to 4 weeks (28 days) before receiving ipilimumab.
12. Prisoners or subjects who are compulsorily detained for treatment of either a
psychiatric or physical (e.g. infectious disease) illness.
13. Patients with both brain and spine metastases will be excluded from the trial.
14. Patients who are allergic to MRI contrast agent or have contraindication for MRI.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT01950195
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing