[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT01977677 : Plerixafor After Radiation Therapy and Temozolomide in Treating Patients With Newly Diagnosed High Grade Glioma|
|Phase||Phase 1/Phase 2|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: 75 Years|
- Patients must have tissue confirmation of high grade (WHO Grade IV) glioma including
but not limited to glioblastoma, gliosarcoma, glioblastoma with oligodendroglial
features, glioblastoma with PNET features.
- The patient must have post-operative contrast enhanced imaging (CT or MRI) unless
only biopsy performed (in which case post-operative imaging is not routinely
obtained. In these patients, the preoperative study will serve as baseline.
- Patient should have surgery (biopsy, partial resection or gross total resection) and
no additional anti-cancer therapy except the chemoradiation as specified in the
- For those patients in which steroids are clinically indicated, there must be a stable
or decreasing dose of steroid medication for ? one week prior to the start of
- Patients must be between the ages of 18 and 75 years old.
- Patients must have Karnofsky Performance score ? 60.
- Adequate organ function is needed at time of screening visit including:
- ANC ? 1500
- Platelets ? 100,000 ml
- Serum Creatinine ? 1.5mg/dl; Cr Clearance should be >50 mL/min
- AST and ALT ? 3 times the upper limit of normal
- If female of childbearing potential, negative pregnancy test
- The patient or his/her legal representative must have the ability to understand and
willingness to sign a written informed consent document.
- Patient agrees to use an effective method of contraception (hormonal or two barrier
methods) while on study and for at least 3 months following the Plerixafor infusion
- Prior or concurrent treatment with Avastin (bevacizumab)
- Prior exposure to Plerixafor
- Prior use of other investigational agents to treat the brain tumor
- Recent history of myocardial infarct (less than 3 months) or history of active angina
- Prior malignancy except previously diagnosed and definitively treated more than 3
years prior to trial or whose prognosis is deemed good enough to not warrant
- Prior sensitivity to Plerixafor
- Pregnant or patients who are breastfeeding
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT01977677
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing