[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT02022293 : Atorvastatin in Preventing Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma Patients Receiving Radiotherapy From Carotid Stenosis|
|Ages||Min: 40 Years Max: 65 Years|
- Patients must have received radiation therapy for histologically confirmed
- Prior irradiation <3 years prior to study entry.
- Male or fertile women who are willing to take contraception during the trial.
- Age 40-65 years old.
- Carotid stenosis < 50%.
- LDL-C between 100mg/dL?2.5mmol/L?and 190mg/dL?4.9mmol/L?.
- Ability to understand and the willingness to sign a written informed consent
- History of bleeding related to tumor or radiotherapy during or after radiation.
- Evidence of tumor invasion to major vessels(for example the carotid artery).
- Severe complications, such as history of stroke, myocardial infarction, liver
diseases, thyroid dysfunction, inadequately controlled hypertension and epilepsy.
- Familial hypercholesterolemia.
- Taking lipid-lowing drugs.
- Aspartate aminotransferase(AST) or alanine aminotransferase(ALT) >upper limits of
normal (ULN), creatinine >ULN.
- Allergic history of atorvastatin.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT02022293
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing