[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT02092181 : A Pilot Study of Mirabegron and Behavioral Modification Including Pelvic Floor Exercise for Overactive Bladder in Parkinson's Disease (MAESTRO)|
|Ages||Min: 30 Years Max: 85 Years|
- Diagnosis of Parkinsons by United Kingdom brain bank criteria
- Age > 30 years old
- No change in Parkinsons medications during the 4 weeks preceding screening, with no
dose changes during the study, except that PRN (as needed) doses of
carbidopa/levodopa will be allowed to address periodic worsening of parkinsonian
- Patient willing and able to complete micturition diary
- Urinary urgency (? 8 entries of bladder urgency score > 2) in 72hr voiding diary
during screening period
- Micturition frequency ? 8 / 24hr or incontinence ? 2 episodes in 72hr voiding diary
during screening period
- Use of other medication that could influence bladder function, other than those
specifically prohibited (see below), will be permitted as long as the dose is stable
for 4 weeks preceding screening, with no dose changes during the study.
- Patient expects to have valid health insurance for the duration of the study period
- Women who are breast-feeding, pregnant or have potential to become pregnant during
the course of the study (fertile and unwilling/unable to use effective contraceptive
- Cognitive deficits that in the opinion of the investigator would interfere with the
subject's ability to give informed consent or perform study testing.
- Screening blood pressure > 165 systolic or 100 diastolic
- Heart rate > 100
- History of allergy to Mirabegron.
- Screening post-void residual > 200ml
- Evidence of urinary tract infection at screening
- History of chronic inflammation such as interstitial cystitis, bladder stones,
previous pelvic radiation therapy, or previous or current malignant disease of the
- Intravesical botulinum toxin treatment within the previous six months of screening.
- Presence of Interstim device
- Use of indwelling catheter or self-catheterization
- Concurrent use of thioridazine, flecainide, propafenone, or Digoxin
- Concurrent use of warfarin (Coumadin)
- Use of one of the anti-cholinergic bladder medications specified below within 14 days
of the screening visit. Subjects who have used one of these medications in the past
but discontinued it at least 14 days prior to the screening visit can be enrolled.
- Screening estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR) < 60, AST ( aspartate
aminotransferase ) or ALT ( alanine aminotransferase ) > 2x upper limit of normal
- Any other serious and/or unstable medical condition
- Participation in other drug studies or use of other investigational drugs within 30
days prior to Screening Visit.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT02092181
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing