[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT02093117 : Neurosurgery Recruitment Maneuver Study|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: N/A|
- Adult patients (greater than 18 years of age) scheduled for craniotomy for resection
of a supratentorial brain tumour who are American Society of Anesthesiologist's class
I to III are eligible to participate.
- Patient with altered level of consciousness or unstable/deteriorating neurologic
status preoperatively will be excluded.
- In addition, if the neurosurgeon considers the mass effect too great to safely
participate the patient will be excluded. Baseline subdural pressure will be measured
prior to randomization
- Patients with a subdural pressure greater than 20 mmHg will be excluded.
- Other exclusion criteria include significant cardiac disease (e.g. ejection fraction
< 40 percent, significant valvular disease, pulmonary hypertension), sepsis,
hypovolemia and prior lung resection or history of pneumothorax.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT02093117
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing