[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT02167022 : Intense Physiotherapies to Improve Function in Young Children With Cerebral Palsy|
|Ages||Min: 12 Months Max: 36 Months|
1. Age: 12 to 36 months of age (The diagnosis of CP is often uncertain under the age of
12 months. The cutoff at 36 months is to have a population of young children when the
brain is most "plastic" and most susceptible to reorganization).
2. Diagnosis: Diagnosis of spastic CP confirmed by a pediatric neurologist or pediatric
3. Etiology: The insult to the central nervous system that caused the motor dysfunction
must have occurred during gestation or within one year after birth independent of
4. Disease severity level: Gross Motor Function Classification System (GMFCS) levels I,
II and III.
1. Diagnosis: Diagnosis of CP secondary to neuronal migration.
2. Co-morbidities: Medical conditions that may prevent the administration of
rehabilitation therapies at the intensity required by the study, or that may
compromise the study ability to maintain blindness, or that have a co-morbidity not
typically associated with CP (i.e. cancer, cystic fibrosis).
3. Co-interventions: Anticipated pharmacological intervention or procedure or
participation in other studies that may interfere with this study.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT02167022
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing