[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT02220127 : RCT of the 4mm vs. the 8mm Collimator for GKR of Brain Micrometastases|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: N/A|
- Adult patients with brain metastasis from any primary tumour receiving GKR.
- All intracranial micro-metastases including lesions located in the cerebral
hemispheres, thalamus, basal ganglia and cerebellum and excluding lesions located in
the brain stem below the level of the superior colliculi.
- Target volume < 0.14 cc3 and maximum diameter < 7 mm.
- The subject consents to participate in the study.
- Inability to consent
- Younger than 18 years of age.
- Lesions in the brainstem (below the level of the superior colliculi) are better
treated with the 4 mm collimator and they will be excluded from the study.
- Patients with more than 25 brain lesions suitable for randomisation will be excluded
from the study.
- Co-morbidity or previous treatment such as surgery, chemotherapy or WBRT is not to be
considered as exclusion criteria.
- Pregnancy in the context of brain metastases is not a contraindication for GKR, and
therefore it will not be considered as exclusion criteria for this trial.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT02220127
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing