[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT02226042 : Investigating the Mechanisms of Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: 60 Years|
Participants with remitted depression (rMDD):
- At least two previous episodes of DSM-IV major depression in adulthood, diagnosed
using the Mini International Neuropsychiatric Interview (M.I.N.I).
- Full or partial remission for at least three months with two depressive episodes
within the last five years.
- A score of less than or equal to 12 on the Montgomery Asberg Depression Rating Scale
(MADRS) mood assessment.
- If on medication, no recent or planned major changes
- In good psychological health screened with the M.I.N.I
- in good physical health (to reduce risk of confounding physical health problems).
- sufficiently fluent in English to ensure valid understanding and completion of the
- minimum I.Q level of 80 to ensure sufficient understanding of the neurocognitive
- colour vision and acuity within normal/corrected to normal limits.
- Any current mental health diagnosis (DSM-IV diagnosis including current major
depression, bipolar disorder, psychosis, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD),
substance abuse or dependence, eating disorders)
- Physical health or neurological disorders that might interfere with the
interpretation of the tasks, including a history of significant head injury.
- In addition healthy volunteers will be without a history mental health disorders
- Current or previous experience of mindfulness-based treatments or extensive cognitive
behavioural treatment, or planned participation in psychological treatments during
the key time for the study (between pre and post visits).
- Planned major alteration in drug treatment for depression between pre and post
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT02226042
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing