[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT02274987 : Molecular Profiling for Individualized Treatment Plan for DIPG|
|Ages||Min: N/A Max: 25 Years|
Inclusion Criteria for Newly Diagnosed Patients with diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma
- Diagnosis: Patients with newly diagnosed DIPG, defined as tumors with a pontine
epicenter and diffuse involvement of the pons who undergo a biopsy are eligible.
Patients with disseminated disease are not eligible, and MRI of the spine must be
performed if disseminated disease is suspected by the treating physician.
- Enrollment within 28 days of the date of radiographic diagnosis.
- Age ? 25 years
- Karnofsky score ? 50 for patients ? 16 years of age and Lansky score ? 50 for patients
?15 years of age. Patients who are unable to walk because of paralysis but who are up
in a wheelchair, will be considered ambulatory for the purpose of assessing the
performance score .
- Organ Function Requirements:
- Adequate Bone Marrow Function Defined as:
- Peripheral absolute neutrophil count (ANC) ? 1000/mm 3
- Platelet count ? 100,000/mm 3 (transfusion independent, defined as not receiving
platelet transfusions for at least 7 days prior to enrollment)
- Hemoglobin ? 8 g/dl (can be transfusion dependent)
- Adequate Renal Function Defined as:
Creatinine clearance or radioisotope glomerular filtration rate (GFR) ? 70ml/min/1.73 m 2
OR a serum creatinine within normal limits based on age/gender as follows:
Maximum Serum Creatinine (mg/dL)
Age Male Female 3 to < 6 years 0.8 0.8 6 to < 10 years 1 1 10 to < 13 years 1.2 1.2 13 to <
16 years 1.5 1.4
? 16 years 1.7 1.4
The threshold creatinine values in this table were derived from the Schwartz formula for
estimating GFR utilizing child length and stature data published by the United States
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Organ Function Requirements cont.
- Adequate Liver Function Defined as:
- Bilirubin (sum of conjugated + unconjugated) ? 1.5 x upper limit of normal (ULN) for
- Serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase (SGPT) (ALT) ? 110 U/L. For the purpose of this
study, the ULN for SGPT is 45 U/L.
- Serum albumin ? 2 g/dL
- The effects of the current treatment paradigm on the developing human fetus are
unknown. For this reason, women of child-bearing potential and men must agree to use
adequate contraception: hormonal or barrier method of birth control; abstinence prior
to study entry and for the duration of study participation, and 30 days after
completion of study drug administration. Should a female become pregnant or suspect
she is pregnant while she or her partner is participating in this study, she should
inform her treating physician immediately. Men treated or enrolled on this protocol
must also agree to use adequate contraception prior to the study, for the duration of
study participation, and 30 days after completion of study drug administration
- Adequate Neurologic Function Defined as:
- Patients with seizure disorder may be enrolled if seizures are well controlled.
- Ability by patient or parent/legal guardian (for patients under 18 years of age) to
understand a written informed consent document, and the willingness to sign it.
Exclusion Criteria for Newly Diagnosed Patients with DIPG:
- Patients who are currently taking any anti-cancer directed therapy. Steroids are not
considered anti-cancer therapy.
- Uncontrolled intercurrent illness including, but not limited to, ongoing or active
infection, symptomatic congestive heart failure, unstable angina pectoris, cardiac
arrhythmia, or psychiatric illness/social situations that would limit compliance with
- Female patients of childbearing potential must not be pregnant or breast-feeding.
Female patients of childbearing potential must have a negative serum or urine
pregnancy test prior to the start of therapy.
- Patients with inability to return for follow-up visits or obtain follow-up studies
required to assess toxicity to therapy.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT02274987
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing