[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT02371031 : FDOPA-PET/MRI for the Pre-operative Evaluation of Gliomas|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: N/A|
- Known or suspected diagnosis of intracranial glioma with substantial non-enhancing
regions as assessed by contrast enhanced MRI. For the purposes of this study, gliomas
with substantial non-enhancing regions are defined as having contrast-enhancing
volumes of less than 50% of the total estimated tumor volume. Gliomas that do not
have any contrast-enhancing regions are eligible for this study.
- Standard of care surgical resection and/or stereotactic biopsy of the brain tumor
planned within 2 weeks of the FDOPA-PET/MRI study.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Measurable disease on MRI defined as tumor measuring at least 1 cm in two
- Karnofsky performance of > 50 corresponding to ECOG categories 0, 1, or 2. Patients
who are unable to walk because of paralysis, but who are up in a wheelchair, will be
considered ambulatory for the purpose of assessing the performance score.
- Creatinine clearance or radioisotope glomerular filtration rate (GFR) > 30
- Patient or legally authorized representative must be able to understand and willing
to sign a written informed consent document.
- Patients undergoing PET/MRI: contraindication to gadolinium contrast enhanced brain
MRI (i.e., allergy to gadolinium contrast, MRI-incompatible implantable devices, GFR
< 30 mL/min/1.73, and severe claustrophobia). At the discretion of the responsible
physician, FDOPA-PET/CT may be performed if PET/MRI is contraindicated or
unavailable. If FDOPA-PET/CT is performed, the patient must have undergone a
contrast-enhanced MRI for fusion with FDOPA-PET no more than 4 weeks before the
- Prior chemotherapy or radiation therapy for the brain tumor. Prior biopsy or surgical
resection of the glioma without additional therapy is not an exclusion criterion.
- Pregnant and/or breastfeeding. Women of childbearing potential must have a negative
urine or serum pregnancy test no more than 3 days prior to FDOPA injection.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT02371031
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing