[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT02530658 : Next Generation Sequencing of Tumor and Normal Tissues Prospectively in Pediatric Oncology Patients at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital|
|Ages||Min: N/A Max: N/A|
- New St. Jude patients prospectively identified at the time of study activation with:
- Newly diagnosed solid or liquid tumor (benign or malignant),
- Relapsed solid or liquid tumor (benign or malignant), or
- Refractory solid or liquid tumor (benign or malignant)
- Current St. Jude patients who develop a new mass and undergo a surgical procedure to
establish the diagnosis of recurrent disease or a new primary tumor.
- Current St. Jude patients who, while on therapy, develop refractory disease and
undergo a surgical procedure to palliate symptoms.
- Adequate tissue must be available (e.g. sufficient germline and/or tumor tissue, from
which >1 µg DNA and >0.1 µg RNA must be isolated). Patients with retinoblastoma,
diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma, craniopharyngioma, or optic pathway tumors who have
no tumor tissue available may enroll using only a germline sample.
- Past history of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (or other condition that
would result in hematopoietic cell DNA failing to match host tissue DNA).
- Tumor or germline tissue not meeting the criteria listed above.
- Inability or unwillingness of research participant or legal guardian/representative
to give written informed consent.
- Participants who are unable to read, write or converse fluently in English will be
excluded from Prespecified Objectives 3 and 4.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT02530658
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing