[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT02573766 : Neuromodulation as a Treatment for Chemotherapy-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: N/A|
1. Patients must have the ability to understand and read English, sign a written
informed consent, and be willing to follow protocol requirements.
2. Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) Performance Status of 0-2.
3. Pain score >/= 4 on a 0-10 numeric pain scale and/or grade 3 neuropathic symptoms
according to the National Cancer Institute's 4 point grading scale.
4. Neuropathic symptoms must be related to chemotherapy (in the opinion of the treating
5. Patients must have had neuropathic pain for a minimum of 3 months.
6. No plans to change pain medication regimen during the course of the study.
7. Off active chemotherapy treatment for minimum of 6 months.
8. Hormonal (e.g., tamoxifen or arimidex, etc.) and targeted (tarceva and avastin, etc.)
therapies allowed as long as they will be continued during the course of the study.
9. Willing to come to MD Anderson for the therapy sessions; or willing to participate in
the therapy sessions at their homes and live within a 45 minute drive of MDA main
campus; or can participate in the therapy sessions from one of MDA's Regional Care
10. Patients who are 18 years of age or above
11. Patients who have a diagnosis of breast cancer.
1. Patients who are taking any antipsychotic medications.
2. Patients with active central nervous system (CNS) disease, such as clinically-evident
metastases or leptomeningeal disease, dementia, or encephalopathy.
3. Patients who have ever been diagnosed with bipolar disorder or schizophrenia.
4. Patients with known, previously diagnosed peripheral neuropathy from causes other
5. Patients who have a history of head injury or who have known seizure activity.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT02573766
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing