[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT02606422 : tDCS Intervention in Primary Progressive Aphasia|
|Ages||Min: 50 Years Max: 90 Years|
- Must be clinically diagnosed with svPPA, nfvPPA or lvPPA, unclassifiable PPA, or MCI.
Diagnosis will be based on neuropsychological testing, language testing (most commonly
the Western Aphasia Battery), MRI and clinical assessment.
- Must be right-handed.
- Must be speakers of English.
- Must have at least 9th grade education.
- Uncorrected visual or hearing impairment by self report.
- Stroke/other premorbid neurological disorder affecting the brain.
- Any other language-based learning disorder other than PPA.
- Inability to follow directions for baseline tasks.
- Western Aphasia Battery Aphasia Quotient (AQ) <30 (indicating severe language
Exclusion Criteria for MRI Participation:
- Severe claustrophobia.
- Cardiac pacemakers or ferromagnetic implants.
- Pregnant women.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT02606422
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing