[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT02615132 : TeleRehab for Stroke Patients Using Mobile Technology|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: N/A|
1. Patients with diagnosis of stroke being discharged from the Neurology unit and/or the
Neurology Acute Care Unit in the Civic Campus of TOH.
2. Patients presenting with overall mild to moderate communication deficits, And/or
3. Patients with score ? 1 on the best language and/or dysarthria parameters of the
National Institute of Health Stroke Score (NIHSS)
4. Stroke Patients being discharged to their HOME/PRIMARY RESIDENCE awaiting outpatient
speech and language therapy services.
5. Patients being discharged to their HOME/PRIMARY RESIDENCE who would benefit from SLP
therapy services but are unable to receive these secondary to various accessibility
challenges (i.e. remote geographical location, limited service availability,
transportation, unable to pay for SLP services).
6. Patients must have access to Wi-Fi connection at their HOME/PRIMARY RESIDENCE.
- 1. Patients with pre-existing speech, language disorders or cognitive disorders (such
2. Patients with severe debilitating disease(s) that, in the opinion, of the
investigator will not be able to perform the required tasks of the study (ex:
end-stage malignancy, ALS).
3. Patients with severe comprehension deficits 4. Patients not having access to Wi-Fi
connection at HOME/PRIMARY RESIDENCE. 5. Patients who will be accessing the services
of a private SLP while awaiting outpatient rehab.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT02615132
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing