[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT02630043 : Trial of Tolcapone With Oxaliplatin for Neuroblastoma or Medulloblastoma|
|Ages||Min: N/A Max: 21 Years|
1. Age: ? 21 years at the time of study entry.
2. Diagnosis: Histologic verification at either the time of original diagnosis or
relapse of neuroblastoma or medulloblastoma.
3. Disease Status: Patients must have ONE of the following:
- Any episode of recurrent disease following completion of aggressive multi-drug
- Any episode of progressive disease during aggressive multi-drug frontline
- Primary resistant/refractory disease detected at the conclusion of at least 4
cycles of aggressive multidrug induction chemotherapy on or according to a
high-risk neuroblastoma and medulloblastoma protocols.
4. Measurable or evaluable disease, including at least one of the following: measureable
tumor by CT or MRI; a positive MIBG, or PET scan for neuroblastoma; positive bone
5. Current disease state must be one for which there is currently no known curative
6. A negative urine or serum pregnancy test is required for female subjects of child
bearing potential (onset of menses or ?13 years of age).
7. Organ Function Requirements:
- Subjects must have adequate liver function as defined by:
- AST and ALT ? upper limit of normal
- Serum bilirubin must be ? 2.0 mg/dl
- Subjects must have adequate Bone Marrow function defined as:
For patients without bone marrow involvement:
• Peripheral absolute neutrophil count (ANC) >750/uL
- Subjects must have adequate renal function
- Both male and female post-pubertal study subjects need to agree to use one of the
more effective birth control methods during treatment and for 90 days after treatment
is stopped. These methods include total abstinence (no sex), oral contraceptives
("the pill"), an intrauterine device (IUD), levonorgestrol implants (Norplant), or
medroxyprogesterone acetate injections (Depo-provera shots). If one of these cannot
be used, contraceptive foam with a condom is recommended.
- Informed Consent: All subjects and/or legal guardians must sign informed written
consent. Assent, when appropriate, will be obtained according to institutional
- Lansky score <50%
- BSA (m2) of <0.5
- Prior Therapy- Patients must have fully recovered from the acute toxic effects of all
prior anti- cancer chemotherapy and be within the following timelines:
- Myelosuppressive chemotherapy: Must not have received within 2 weeks of
enrollment onto this study (6 weeks if prior nitrosourea).
- Hematopoietic growth factors: At least 5 days since the completion of therapy
with a growth factor.
- Biologic (anti-neoplastic agent): At least 7 days since the completion of
therapy with a biologic agent. For agents that have known adverse events
occurring beyond 7 days after administration, this period must be extended
beyond the time during which adverse events are known to occur. The duration of
this interval must be discussed with the Study Chair.
- Immunotherapy: At least 6 weeks since the completion of any type of
immunotherapy, e.g. tumor vaccines.
- Monoclonal antibodies: At least 7 days or 3 half-lives, whichever is longer,
must have elapsed since prior treatment with a monoclonal antibody.
- XRT: At least 14 days since the last treatment except for radiation delivered
with palliative intent to a non-target site.
- Stem Cell Transplant or Rescue: No evidence of active graft vs. host disease and
? 2 months must have elapsed since transplant.
- Investigational Drugs: Subjects who have received another investigational drug within
the last 14 days are excluded from participation.
- Subjects with a history of depression, anxiety, or psychotic disorders (due to
tolcapone adverse event profile).
- Subjects that are pregnant or breastfeeding an infant.
- Subjects that cannot swallow tablets.
- Infection: Subjects who have an uncontrolled infection are not eligible until the
infection is judged to be well controlled in the opinion of the investigator.
- Subjects who, in the opinion of the investigator, may not be able to comply with the
safety monitoring requirements of the study, or in whom compliance is likely to be
suboptimal, should be excluded.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT02630043
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing