[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT02736513 : Intracranial Activity of AZD9291 (TAGRISSO) in Advanced EGFRm NSCLC Patients With Asymptomatic Brain Metastases|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: N/A|
- 1. Provision of informed consent prior to any study specific procedures
2. Male or female, aged at least 18 years.
3. Group A: treatment-naïve advanced NSCLC with an sensitizing EGFR mutation.
- Patients who received adjuvant/neo-adjuvant chemotherapy/chest irradiation/palliative
irradiation (other than brain) allowed.
- Exon 19 deletion, L858R, T790M and uncommon sensitizing EGFR mutations in
treatment-naïve patients are allowed.
Or Group B: patients advanced NSCLC previously treated with 1st/2nd-generation EGFR TKIs
(either gefitinib. erlotinib or afatinib) in whom T790M was diagnosed in the tumor specimen
or ctDNA after testing it following the most recent disease progression.
- No restriction regarding the number of prior EGFR TKIs or cytotoxic chemotherapy lines
of treatment is applied.
4. Asymptomatic untreated brain metastases (previously SRS more than 6 month).
5. Measurable intracranial disease by mRECIST criteria ((=5 mm).
6. Normal hematologic, renal and liver function: Absolute neutrophil count > 1500/mm3,
platelets > 100,000/mm3, hemoglobin >9 g/dL; Creatinine concentration
- 1.5 mg/dL, or creatinine clearance > 60 mL/min; Total bilirubin = 1.5 mg/dL, ALT+ AST
levels - 3 times above the upper normal limit.
7. World Health Organization (WHO) performance status 0-2.
8. Patients must have a life expectancy = 12 weeks.
9. Females should be using adequate contraceptive measures, should not be breast
feeding and must have a negative pregnancy test prior to start of dosing if of
child-bearing potential or must have evidence of non-child-bearing potential by
fulfilling one of the following criteria at screening:
- Post-menopausal defined as aged more than 50 years and amenorrheic for at least 12
months following cessation of all exogenous hormonal treatments
- Women under 50 years old would be consider postmenopausal if they have been
amenorrheic for 12 months or more following cessation of exogenous hormonal treatments
and with LH and FSH levels in the post-menopausal range for the institution
- Documentation of irreversible surgical sterilisation by hysterectomy, bilateral
oophorectomy or bilateral salpingectomy but not tubal ligation
10. Patient is willing and able to comply with the protocol for the duration of the
study including undergoing treatment and scheduled visits and examinations including
11. All patients with reproductive potential must agree to use barrier contraception
methods while receiving the study treatment.
12. Patients has the ability to read and write and use the electronic devices.
13. At least one lesion (measurable and/or non-measurable) that can be accurately
assessed by CT/MRI at baseline and follow up visits.
- 1. Involvement in the planning and/or conduct of the study (applies to both sponsor
staff and/or staff at the study site).
2. Previous treatment with AZD9291.
3. Patients currently receiving (or unable to stop use prior to receiving the first
dose of study treatment) medications or herbal supplements known to be potent
inhibitors of CYP3A4 (at least 1 week prior) and potent inducers of CYP3A4 (at least 3
week prior) (Appendix A). All patients must try to avoid concomitant use of any
medications, herbal supplements and/or ingestion of foods with known
inducer/inhibitory effects on CYP3A4.
4. Any unresolved toxicities from prior therapy greater than Common Terminology
Criteria for Adverse Events (CTCAE) grade 1 at the time of starting study treatment
with the exception of alopecia and grade 2, prior platinum-therapy related neuropathy.
5. EGFR TKI - resistant EGFR mutations (e.g., insertion in exon 20).
6. T790M is allowed.
7. Patients previously treated with WBRT.
8. Pregnant or lactating women.
9. Inability to sign the informed consent form.
10. Any concurrent and/or other active malignancy that has required systemic treatment
within 2 years of first dose of study drug.
11. Any evidence of severe or uncontrolled systemic diseases, including uncontrolled
hypertension and active bleeding diatheses; or active infection including hepatitis B,
hepatitis C and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), uncontrolled diabetes.
12. Inability to swallow the formulated product, malabsorption syndrome, refractory
nausea and vomiting that would preclude adequate absorption of AZD9291.
13. Any of the following cardiac criteria:
1. Mean resting corrected QT interval (QTc) >470 msec, obtained from 3 consequent
ECGs, using the screening clinic ECG machine-derived QTc value;
2. Any clinically important abnormalities in rhythm, conduction, or morphology of
3. Any factors that increase the risk of QTc prolongation or risk of arrhythmic
events, including unexplained sudden death under 40 years of age in a
first-degree relative, or any concomitant medication known to prolong the QTc
14. Any evidence/past medical history of cardiomyopathy.
15. Any evidence/past medical history of interstitial lung disease (ILD) or
radiation pneumonitis which required steroid treatment.
16. History of hypersensitivity to AZD9291 (or drugs with a similar chemical
structure or class to AZD9291) or any excipients of these agents
17. Males and females of reproductive potential who are not using an effective
method of birth control and females who are pregnant or breastfeeding or have a
positive (urine or serum) pregnancy test prior to study entry
18. Judgment by the Investigator that the patient should not participate in the
study if the patient is unlikely to comply with study procedures, restrictions
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT02736513
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing