[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT02851056 : Survivin Vaccine : Multiple Myeloma Autologous Hematopoietic Cell Transplant (HCT)|
|Phase||Early Phase 1|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: N/A|
- As of protocol Version 2 there is no "screening phase".Patients previously consented
to the screening phase could still be eligible for treatment if consented for
treatment, based upon the updated eligibility criteria.
- Patients with histologically confirmed Multiple Myeloma that are being considered for
high dose chemotherapy and autologous stem cell transplant.
- Patients must have a bone marrow biopsy available, or one scheduled to be performed
for a clinical indication so that survivin expression could be determined (note:
survivin staining in tumor need not be resulted prior to enrollment or treatment as it
is obtained for correlative science).
- Patients planned for treatment with high dose melphalan and autologous hematopoietic
cell transplant (HCT).
- Complete blood count (CBC) with an absolute neutrophil count (ANC) >= 1,000/uL,
hemoglobin >= 8.0 g/dL and platelet count >= 50,000/uL.
- Liver enzymes: total bilirubin less than or equal to 2 mg/dL (>2 mg/dL permitted if
the patient has evidence of Gilbert's disease based upon prior bilirubin elevation or
genetic testing); Aspartate Aminotransferase (AST) and Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT)
less than 1.5 X the upper limit of normal (ULN).
- Signed informed consent form in accordance with institutional and federal law
- Patients with Complete Response (CR) or stringent CR after induction therapy as
defined by International Response Criteria after most recent therapy.
- Patients with progressive disease at time of transplant.
- Pregnant or lactating woman (as evaluated by serum testing within 48 hours of
administration of the first vaccine in women of child bearing potential).
- HIV infection confirmed by nucleic acid tests (NAT).
- Common variable immunodeficiency.
- Active central nervous system (CNS) malignancy.
- Active bacterial, fungal or viral infection.
- Prior history of allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation
- Prior malignancy within 5 years of enrollment excluding non-melanoma skin cancer or
cervical carcinoma after curative resection, not requiring chemotherapy.
- History of severe allergy (e.g., anaphylaxis) to any component of Prevnar or any
diphtheria-toxoid containing vaccine.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT02851056
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing