[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT02869243 : A Dose Escalation Phase I Study Of Human- Recombinant Bone Morphogenetic Protein 4 Administrated Via CED In GBM Patients|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: 75 Years|
To be eligible for inclusion into this study, each patient must fulfil the following
inclusion criteria = 28 days prior to the anticipated surgery date:
1. Malignant glioma (WHO grade III or IV) who have undergone conventional treatment,
including surgery (gross total resection or unintentional partial resection with
residual tumour) or biopsy (with residual tumour), and/or radiation therapy, and/or
chemotherapy, and/or Temozolomide and have progressive and/or multiple recurrent GBM.
Preoperative assessment by clinical presentation and CT/MRI appearance of the lesion
will identify suitable candidates.
2. Age 18-75 years.
3. Karnofsky >70 (see APPENDIX C: EXAMPLE OF PERFORMANCE STATUS: KARNOFSKY SCALE).
4. Stable dose of corticosteroids no longer than 4 weeks prior to enrolment.
5. Females of childbearing potential must have a negative serum or urine pregnancy test.
Females who have undergone surgical sterilization or who have been postmenopausal for
at least 2 years are not considered to be of childbearing potential.
6. Females of childbearing potential and males who have not undergone surgical
sterilization must agree to practice a form of effective contraception prior to entry
into the study and for 1 month after the end of infusion.
If female, is non-lactating, has a negative urine pregnancy test result, and does not
plan on becoming pregnant during the study, or not of childbearing potential
(hysterectomy or tubal ligation at least 6 months prior to entry to the study or
post-menopausal for 1 year); if of childbearing potential (including peri-menopausal
women who have had a menstrual period within one year) must practice or be willing to
continue to practice acceptable birth control from screening and until 1 month after
the study medication has been discontinued.
Acceptable birth control includes:
1. Combined (oestrogen and progestogen containing) hormonal contraception;
2. Associated with inhibition of ovulation; oral OR intravaginal OR transdermal;
3. Progestogen-only hormonal contraception associated with inhibition of ovulation:
oral OR injectable OR implantable;
4. Progestogen-only oral hormonal contraception, where inhibition of ovulation is
not the primary mode of action;
5. Intrauterine device (IUD);
6. Intrauterine hormone-releasing system (IUS);
7. Bilateral tubal occlusion;
8. Vasectomised partner;
9. Sexual abstinence;
10. Male or female condom with or without spermicide;
11. Cap, diaphragm or sponge with spermicide. Complies with The Heads of Medicines
Agencies (HMA) Recommendations Related to Contraception and Pregnancy Testing in
Clinical Trials (Sept 2014).
The definition of effective contraception will be based on the judgment of the
7. Ability to understand and the willingness to sign a written informed consent document.
To be eligible for inclusion into this study, each patient must violate none of the
following exclusion criteria = 28 days prior to the anticipated surgery date:
1. Patients who had chemotherapy, radiotherapy or other anti-neoplastic therapy (within 4
weeks or 5x half-life whichever is shorter) prior to study treatment or those who have
not recovered to Grade =1 or returned to baseline from any acute treatment-related
toxicities of the previous therapy except for alopecia and Grade 2 neuropathy.
2. Patients who are receiving any other investigational agents.
3. Life expectancy <3 months
4. Haematological dysfunction defined as:
- White blood cell (WBC) count <3.0 x 109/L;
- Absolute neutrophil count <1.5 x 109/L;
- Haemoglobin level <10.0 g/dL;
- Platelet count <100 x 109/L.
5. Liver dysfunction defined as:
- Aspartate transaminase (AST) >2.5 x the upper limit of normal (ULN) for age and
- Alanine transaminase (ALT) >2.5 x the ULN for age and gender;
- Bilirubin >1.5 x the ULN for age and gender.
6. Renal dysfunction defined as:
- Creatinine clearance <60 mL/min/1.73 m2 for patients with creatinine levels above
institutional normal for age and gender.
7. Serology indicating active infection with Hepatitis B or C, or HIV.
8. Significant co-morbidity, including coagulation disorders.
9. Pregnancy or unwillingness to practice reliable birth control.
10. Presence of another active malignancy less than 2 years previously (exception:
non-melanoma skin cancer).
11. Multifocal, bilateral
12. Midline shift more than 5 mm
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT02869243
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing