[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT02915744 : A Study of Etirinotecan Pegol (NKTR-102) Versus Treatment of Physician's Choice (TPC) in Patients With Metastatic Breast Cancer Who Have Stable Brain Metastases and Have Been Previously Treated With an Anthracycline, a Taxane, and Capecitabine|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: N/A|
- Female or male, age = 18 years.
- Histologically-confirmed carcinoma of the breast (either the primary or metastatic
lesions) for whom single-agent cytotoxic chemotherapy is indicated. Patients may have
either measurable or non-measurable disease according to RECIST version 1.1.
- Patients must have a history of brain metastases that are non-progressing.
- For triple-negative breast cancer, a minimum of 1 prior cytotoxic chemotherapy regimen
must have been administered for the indication of metastatic disease.Depending on
receptor status, 1 or 2 prior cytotoxic regimens are required prior to enrollment in
this trial; hormonal and/or human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2) -targeted
agents may be required.
- Have had prior therapy (administered in the neoadjuvant, adjuvant, and/or metastatic
setting) with an anthracycline, a taxane, and capecitabine (prior anthracycline can be
omitted if not medically appropriate or contraindicated for the patient).
- Last dose of anticancer therapy must have been administered within 6 months of the
date of randomization into this study.
- All anticancer- and radiation therapy-related toxicities must be completely resolved
or downgraded to Grade 1 or less (neuropathy may be Grade 2 or less).
- Have an Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status of 0 or 1.
- Demonstrate adequate organ function obtained within 14 days prior to randomization and
analyzed by the central laboratory.
- Women of childbearing potential (WCBP) must agree to use highly effective methods of
birth control throughout the duration of the study until 6 months following the last
dose of study drug.
- Males with female partners of child-bearing potential must agree to use a barrier
contraception (e.g., condom with spermicidal foam/gel/film/cream/suppository)
throughout the duration of the study until 6 months following the last dose of study
drug; in addition to their female partner using either an intrauterine device or
hormonal contraception and continuing until 6 months following the last dose of study
drug. Male patients should not donate sperm until 6 months following the last dose of
- Last dose of anticancer therapy (including HER2-targeted therapy) within 14 days prior
- High-dose chemotherapy followed by stem cell transplantation (autologous or
- Major surgery within 28 days prior to randomization.
- Concomitant use of any anticancer therapy or use of any investigational agent(s).
- Received prior treatment for cancer with a camptothecin-derived agent.
- Lesions on imaging, by cerebrospinal fluid or with neurological findings that are
consistent with leptomeningeal disease or meningeal carcinomatosis.
- Chronic or acute GI disorders resulting in diarrhea of any severity grade.
- Patients who are pregnant or lactating, plan to get pregnant, or have a positive serum
pregnancy test prior to randomization.
- Enzyme-inducing anti-epileptic drugs (EIAEDs) within 14 days of randomization.
- Hepatitis B or C, tuberculosis, or HIV.
- Prior malignancy (other than breast cancer) unless diagnosed and definitively treated
more than 5 years prior to randomization.
- Daily use of oxygen supplementation.
- Significant known cardiovascular impairment.
- Prior treatment with NKTR-102.
- Psychiatric illness, social situation, or geographical situation that preclude
informed consent or limit compliance.
- Known intolerance or hypersensitivity to any of the products used in this study or
- For patients selecting vinorelbine or gemcitabine as the TPC agent, patients may not
receive yellow fever vaccine in the 28 days prior to randomization.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT02915744
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing