[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT03088579 : Intraoperative Brachytherapy for Central Nervous System Lesions: A Validation Study of a Radioactive Seed Loading Device|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: N/A|
- Planned for resection of aggressive primary or metastatic brain tumor and appropriate
for adjuvant radiotherapy.
- Zubrod Performance Score of 0-2.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Pre-operative stereotactic CT or MRI.
- Life expectancy >26 weeks.
- History and physical for all patients and detailed neurological exams.
- Signed study-specific informed consent form prior to study entry.
- Negative biopsy if presumed diagnosis on imaging.
- External beam therapy is allowed if the implant is being used instead of a boost or
cone down treatment.
- Life expectancy < 26 weeks.
- Inability to undergo post-operative CT for implant assessment, or postoperative
- Major medical or psychiatric illness, which, in the investigator's opinion, would
prevent completion of treatment and/or interfere with follow-up.
- Inability or refusal to provide informed consent.
- Prior radiation therapy in excess of 100Gy to site of implant.
- Patients in which there is no cranium in place (for example, bone flap removed for
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT03088579
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing