[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT03129438 : Continuous EEG Randomized Trial in Adults|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: N/A|
- In-patients aged ?18 years, treated in an ICU or intermediate care unit
- Alteration of mental state of any etiology (i.e., primarily cerebral or not), with
Glasgow-coma scale inferior or equal to 11 or FOUR score inferior or equal to 12.
- Need of an EEG to exclude seizures or SE, or to evaluate prognosis as per the treating
physician or the consulting neurologist.
- Informed consent obtained for research in emergency situation according to Human
Research Act (HRA) art 30-31 at the time of inclusion
- Clinical and/or electrographic status epilepticus < 96h before randomization
- Clinical and/or electrographic seizure < 36h before randomization
- Palliative care situation, in which detection of SE or seizures would not have any
impact on the patient's care.
- High likelihood of needing a surgical intervention or an invasive diagnostic procedure
within the next 48 hours according to the treating physician (as this would require
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT03129438
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing