[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT03168893 : Deep Brain Stimulation for Patients With Chronic, Severe and Resistant Anorexia Nervosa|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: 60 Years|
(All criteria for inclusion must be met)
1. Age between 18-60 years
2. Diagnosis of AN, both restrictive type and compulsion / purge type defined by the
3. Chronicity: minimum of 10 years of illness.
4. Resistance to treatment, shown by one or both of the following situations:
A. That of the multiple treatments performed, at least 1 is an intensive treatment
(hospitalization or day hospital), with one or more of the following results:
- I have not been able to finish the treatment.
- That it has finished but with little or no answer.
- That in spite of having finished it, and of having answered, Has found a
subsequent relapse in the first six months. B. Clinical situation of medical
instability, accompanied by refusal to participate in any treatment program and
including at least 1 episode of admission for involuntary feeding.
5. Extremely serious (BMI less than 15), or severe (BMI between 15-15,99)
6. Ability to sign informed consent
7. Ability to undergo all tests and follow-ups of the study
1. BMI less than 13 at the time of recruitment for the study.
2. Psychosis in the present moment or in the past.
3. Current neurological disease.
4. Substance or alcohol abuse and dependence in the last year.
5. Contraindications to perform a brain MRI
6. Presence of cardiac arrhythmias or other cardiac, respiratory, renal or endocrine
affections, as a result of AN or not, that carries risk for the surgical procedure.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT03168893
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing