[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT03248557 : Prognostic Value of Ventricular Fibrillation Spectral Analysis in Sudden Cardiac Death|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: N/A|
- In or out-of-hospital cardiac arrest with ventricular fibrillation (VF) as first
- A ?3-second VF tracings before the first direct current (DC) shock.
- Signed informed consent. Patients unable to consent, it will be requested to an
- Study group: GCS ?8 and subject to temperature management (hypothermia 32-34ºC or
- Control group: GCS=15, thus no indication for temperature management.
- First documented rhythm other than VF (e.g. ventricular tachycardia, pulseless
electrical activity, asystole)
- Unavailable or suboptimal quality of the ECG tracing before the first DC shock.
- Terminal disease or cognitive impairment before the SCD event.
- Other possible causes of comatose status different from SCD (e.g. drugs, traumatic
brain injury, hypoxia).
- Aged under 18 .
- Unwilling to provide the informed consent.
- Comatose status (GCS?8) and absence of temperature management or GCS ?9 if temperature
management was undertaken.
- Hemodynamic instability leading to incomplete 24 h of temperature management
- Early mortality and absence of subsequent withdrawal of sedation to assess cerebral
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT03248557
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing