[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT03342612 : Multimodal Neuroimaging Analysis After Mild Traumatic Brain Injury|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: 25 Years|
Applicable to all :
- Male 18 to 25 years, enrolled in French Social Security.
Group of mTBI patients:
- Diagnosis of mTBI in the last 2 weeks confirmed in emergency department of Bordeaux CHU,
using the WHO definition (2004): "head trauma ? 24h with Glasgow Coma Scale score of 13-15
and with one or more of the three symptoms following: confusion or disorientation, loss of
consciousness for 30 minutes or less, posttraumatic amnesia for less than 24h".
Group of footballers:
- Member of the "CFA" and "U19" teams of "Girondins de Bordeaux".
Group of controls:
- Practicing regular physical activity (excluding combat or contact sports).
Exclusion Criteria :
- Abnormal neurological examination
- Drug addiction including alcohol Taking drugs targeting the central nervous system
History of head trauma, or other notion of central nervous system injury
- History of severe high blood pressure, diabetes, chronic cardiovascular pathology,
progressive or debilitating disease
- Subject unable to give informed consent
- Contraindication to MRI: head circumference> 60 - Claustrophobia - Pacemaker,
Implantable Neurostimulation, Implantable Defibrillator - Cochlear Implants - Ocular
or cerebral ferromagnetic foreign body
- Refusal to be informed of an abnormality detected during MRI.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT03342612
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing