[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT03489681 : Acupuncture Treatment for Chronic Sciatica: the Neuroimaging Pain-network Study|
|Ages||Min: 35 Years Max: 70 Years|
1. 35 - 70 y/o.
2. Low back or gluteal pain radiating into one leg.
3. Pain duration of at least two weeks.
1. Known or suspected severe spinal pathology (for example, cauda equina syndrome, or
2. Pregnant or breastfeeding women.
3. Scheduled or being considered for spinal surgery or interventional procedures for
sciatica during the 8-week treatment period.
4. Administration of sedative or analgesics within 24 h before the fMRI scan.
5. Comorbidities include systemic malignancy, bleeding tendency, rheumatic arthritis and
other known autoimmune diseases.
6. Focal neurologic deficits with progressive or disabling symptoms
7. History of received acupuncture treatment in the past one month.
8. Any contraindication related to acupuncture and MRI.
9. Visual analog scale < 3.
10. Low back pain without sciatica.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT03489681
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing