[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT03520504 : Study of Proton Radiation to the Brain and Spinal Cord for Patients With Leptomeningeal Metastases|
|Ages||Min: 10 Years Max: N/A|
- Female subjects must either be of non-reproductive potential (i.e. post-menopausal by
history: >/= 60 years old and no menses for 1> year without an alternative medical
cause; OR history of hysterectomy, OR history of bilateral tubal ligation, OR history
of bilateral oophorectomy) or must have a negative serum pregnancy test within 2 weeks
prior to starting treatment.
- Patient with solid tumor malignancy with leptomeningeal metastases established
radiographically and/or through CSF cytology.
- KPS = 60.
- Age = 10 years.
- For adult patient, the patient is able to provide informed consent. For pediatric
patient, a parent is able to provide informed consent.
- Patient at reproductive potential must agree to practice an effective contraceptive
- Adequate bone marrow function:
- Hemoglobin = 10g/dL
- Absolute neutrophil count =1,500/mm^3
- Platelet count = 100,000/mm^3
- Patient with multiple, serious major neurologic deficits including encephalopathy.
- Patient with extensive systemic disease and without reasonable systemic treatment
- Patient who is unable to undergo MRI brain and spine with gadolinium contrast.
- Previous radiotherapy to the intended treatment site that precludes developing a
treatment plan that respects normal tissue tolerances.
- Pregnant or lactating women.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT03520504
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing