[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT03526809 : Molecular Imaging and Spectroscopy With Stable Isotopes in Oncology and Neurology|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: 99 Years|
- To be included in this study the patient must:
1. Be 18 years or older.
2. Have a confirmed or likely diagnosis of HGSOC, breast cancer, prostate cancer,
pancreatic mass, liver mass, renal mass or brain tumour.
3. Be aware of their diagnosis.
4. Be a likely surgical candidate who is fit for possible surgery.
5. Have no contraindications to the use of the IV contrast agents involved in this
6. Be able to provide written informed consent according to ICH/GCP, national and
7. Volunteers of childbearing potential must have a negative pregnancy test, either
urinary or blood prior to enrolment.
8. Have ECOG performance status 0 or 1.
9. Express willingness and ability to comply with scheduled visits, laboratory
tests, imaging and other study procedures.
- The presence of any of the following will preclude the patient from the study:
1. Any disorder that may adversely affect levels of pyruvate or lactate such as
2. The use of medications that may affect levels of pyruvate or lactate such as
metformin or insulin.
3. Known allergy or adverse reaction to any of the injected contrast agents proposed
for use in this study.
4. Pregnancy or breastfeeding.
5. Other severe acute or chronic medical or psychiatric conditions that may increase
the risk associated with study participation or in the judgement of the
investigators make it undesirable for the patient to enter the study.
6. Laboratory abnormalities that may have an unknown or unpredictable impact on
7. Not suitable for MR scanning e.g. severe obesity, inability to lie still or
contraindicated metal implants such as the intrauterine contraceptive device.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT03526809
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing